Please give a few hours to help with this year’s Holiday Shoppe! Just a little holiday cheer required! Sign up at…http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-holiday
Turkey Trot Tomorrow!
Beauty and the Beast Auditions
The auditions for Beauty and the Beast are fast approaching. For more details about the auditions and the responsibilities for participation, please read the Beauty and the Beast Reminder.
The Bowling League will begin on January 5th and will run for 10 weeks. It is open to 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. More information and sign up forms will be coming soon.
Donate Unwanted Halloween Candy This Week
Thanks for a Great Halloween Trunk or Treat!
- Week of Giving: The Spirit Committee is collecting donations for Hurricane Relief in Houston and Florida. The Week of Giving will take place the week of October 23-27. Donations of any amount will be collected to provide assistance in Houston and Florida to students and teachers who have been displaced. Send it to school in an envelope marked “Hurricane Relief”. Checks should be made out to Fairview School. All proceeds will be forwarded to those in need in Houston and Florida from the Hurricanes.
- Spirit Fridays: Every Friday is a Spirit Day! Wear blue and white or Fairview clothing!
- Turkey Trot: The Turkey Trot will be November 20th, with a rain date of November 21st. Please send in a can of corn and a box of stuffing. Collections will begin October 30th and will end the day of the Turkey Trot. The Spirit Committee is looking for 100% participation in order to get a surprise from Mr. Melando!
- PTO Meeting: Thursday, October 12th at 7:00pm in the Owl’s Nest. Free babysitting by Middletown North’s Tomorrow’s Teachers.
- Fairview Picture Day: Tuesday, October 24th
- PTO Membership: Join now at Fairview PTO Membership & Directory.
- PTO Web Site: Bookmark the Fairview PTO web site and periodically check it for the updated calendar and information on volunteering, fundraisers and other events.
KidStuff Coupon Books – Due Tomorrow, October 10th
HIB Presentation for all Volunteers
Fairview Peace Week – October 16th-20th
Fairview is celebrating Peace Week from October 16th-20th. View the Peace Week Flyer to determine what students should wear to show they care!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid #12 The Getaway – Preorder this New Book Now!
Community & County Awareness Program
MTFOdL – Middletown Township Friends of different Learners
- Next meeting: Meet the BOE Candidates Night on Thursday, October 19th at Middletown Public Library (Large Conference Room)
- Resources for parents:
- Dyslexia Handbook: http://www.state.nj.us/education/specialed/dyslexia/NJDyslexiaHandbook.pdf
- Ombudsman: http://www.nj.gov/education/specialed/ombudsman/
- SEPAG (Special Education Advisory Group) Manual: http://www.state.nj.us/education/specialed/resources.shtml
- Special Needs Registry Event:
- Monday, 10/2 – Box Tops due.
- Tuesday, 10/3 – Volunteers needed to set up Book Fair…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fall1
- Wednesday, 10/4
- Walk to School Day
- Mum Sale: 10:00am-8:00pm. Pick up orders. Volunteers needed…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d45ada82fa75-mumsale
- Book Fair: View the class schedule and other information.
- Evening Book Fair: 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, 10/5 – Book Fair: Volunteers needed…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fall1
- Friday, 10/6 – Cub Scout Open House @ 6:00pm. Interested in joining the Cub Scouts? View the Cub Scout Flyer.
There’s always a lot going on at the beginning of the school year. We have some wonderful fall fundraisers that are kicking off. Please review the information below about the fundraisers and look for the flyers and order forms that will be coming home in your student’s backpack.
We have a new site for PTO Memberships and an online directory – MySchoolAnywhere.
Sign up now by at Fairview PTO Membership & Directory by entering your information and making your payment. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email with your login credentials, which you will use to access the PTO Family Directory.
Here are some important points about PTO Membership:
- Membership is a major fundraiser and we strive for 100% participation.
- The minimum annual dues are $15 per family. You may prefer to donate more at this time, and then opt out of some future fundraisers. The Fairview PTO is a section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, so your donation is tax deductible.
- Payment can be made by cash, check or PayPal. Please follow the directions at checkout in “Our Store”.
- You will have access to a private online directory of other PTO families. This directory can also be printed.
- A MySchoolAnywhere app is available for free!
Thank you for your support!!
Mum Sale – Pre-orders due by Thursday, September 28th
The PTO is working with a quality grower again this year to offer a Mum Sale! It will be help outdoors in front of the school on Wednesday, October 4th from 10:00am – 8:00pm.
Box Tops – Due by Monday, October 2nd
KidStuff Coupon Books – Payment Due by Tuesday, October 10th
- If purchasing 1 book, pay $25 and keep the book sent home. Return your completed Money Collection Envelope to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, October 10th.
- If you are not participating, please immediately return the book in a bag labeled with your child’s name to the school. This is NOT A SAMPLE BOOK for you to keep.
Scarecrows – Due by Friday, October 13th
Support the PTO and beautify Fairview at the same time! Scarecrows will be displayed outside the school and are yours to keep at the end of the season.