- Week of Giving: The Spirit Committee is collecting donations for Hurricane Relief in Houston and Florida. The Week of Giving will take place the week of October 23-27. Donations of any amount will be collected to provide assistance in Houston and Florida to students and teachers who have been displaced. Send it to school in an envelope marked “Hurricane Relief”. Checks should be made out to Fairview School. All proceeds will be forwarded to those in need in Houston and Florida from the Hurricanes.
- Spirit Fridays: Every Friday is a Spirit Day! Wear blue and white or Fairview clothing!
- Turkey Trot: The Turkey Trot will be November 20th, with a rain date of November 21st. Please send in a can of corn and a box of stuffing. Collections will begin October 30th and will end the day of the Turkey Trot. The Spirit Committee is looking for 100% participation in order to get a surprise from Mr. Melando!
- PTO Meeting: Thursday, October 12th at 7:00pm in the Owl’s Nest. Free babysitting by Middletown North’s Tomorrow’s Teachers.
- Fairview Picture Day: Tuesday, October 24th
- PTO Membership: Join now at Fairview PTO Membership & Directory.
- PTO Web Site: Bookmark the Fairview PTO web site and periodically check it for the updated calendar and information on volunteering, fundraisers and other events.
KidStuff Coupon Books – Due Tomorrow, October 10th
HIB Presentation for all Volunteers
Fairview Peace Week – October 16th-20th
Fairview is celebrating Peace Week from October 16th-20th. View the Peace Week Flyer to determine what students should wear to show they care!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid #12 The Getaway – Preorder this New Book Now!
Community & County Awareness Program
MTFOdL – Middletown Township Friends of different Learners
- Next meeting: Meet the BOE Candidates Night on Thursday, October 19th at Middletown Public Library (Large Conference Room)
- Resources for parents:
- Dyslexia Handbook: http://www.state.nj.us/education/specialed/dyslexia/NJDyslexiaHandbook.pdf
- Ombudsman: http://www.nj.gov/education/specialed/ombudsman/
- SEPAG (Special Education Advisory Group) Manual: http://www.state.nj.us/education/specialed/resources.shtml
- Special Needs Registry Event:
- Monday, 10/2 – Box Tops due.
- Tuesday, 10/3 – Volunteers needed to set up Book Fair…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fall1
- Wednesday, 10/4
- Walk to School Day
- Mum Sale: 10:00am-8:00pm. Pick up orders. Volunteers needed…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d45ada82fa75-mumsale
- Book Fair: View the class schedule and other information.
- Evening Book Fair: 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, 10/5 – Book Fair: Volunteers needed…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fall1
- Friday, 10/6 – Cub Scout Open House @ 6:00pm. Interested in joining the Cub Scouts? View the Cub Scout Flyer.
There’s always a lot going on at the beginning of the school year. We have some wonderful fall fundraisers that are kicking off. Please review the information below about the fundraisers and look for the flyers and order forms that will be coming home in your student’s backpack.
We have a new site for PTO Memberships and an online directory – MySchoolAnywhere.
Sign up now by at Fairview PTO Membership & Directory by entering your information and making your payment. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email with your login credentials, which you will use to access the PTO Family Directory.
Here are some important points about PTO Membership:
- Membership is a major fundraiser and we strive for 100% participation.
- The minimum annual dues are $15 per family. You may prefer to donate more at this time, and then opt out of some future fundraisers. The Fairview PTO is a section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, so your donation is tax deductible.
- Payment can be made by cash, check or PayPal. Please follow the directions at checkout in “Our Store”.
- You will have access to a private online directory of other PTO families. This directory can also be printed.
- A MySchoolAnywhere app is available for free!
Thank you for your support!!
Mum Sale – Pre-orders due by Thursday, September 28th
The PTO is working with a quality grower again this year to offer a Mum Sale! It will be help outdoors in front of the school on Wednesday, October 4th from 10:00am – 8:00pm.
Box Tops – Due by Monday, October 2nd
KidStuff Coupon Books – Payment Due by Tuesday, October 10th
- If purchasing 1 book, pay $25 and keep the book sent home. Return your completed Money Collection Envelope to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, October 10th.
- If you are not participating, please immediately return the book in a bag labeled with your child’s name to the school. This is NOT A SAMPLE BOOK for you to keep.
Scarecrows – Due by Friday, October 13th
Support the PTO and beautify Fairview at the same time! Scarecrows will be displayed outside the school and are yours to keep at the end of the season.
Please join us for the first PTO meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 20th at 7:00pm in the Owl’s Nest (the school’s All Purpose Room).
- Class Parents Needed – Please complete the Class Parent Sign Up form and return it to school by Friday, September 29th.
- Open Committee Co-Chairs Positions – Volunteers are needed to run some of the PTO Committees. Please view the attached flyer for descriptions of each position. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please contact Lisette Sheehan.
Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards
Please view the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards flyer for more information on joining this program. It’s a simple way to help raise money for Fairview.
Remind & Facebook
Join the Fairview PTO on Remind and Facebook to keep informed of activities and events that are happening at school.
- Text @fairviewpt to 81010
- From the Remind App, click “Join a class” and enter @fairviewpt
- Search for Fairview School PTO and request to join the group
- Ask a friend who is already a member to add you to the group
- PTO Meeting – Wednesday, 9/20 at 7:00pm
- School Closed – Thursday, 9/21
- Early Dismissal – Wednesday, 9/27 at 1:30pm
Return Fairview Library Books
All Fairview library books are due! Please search your house and return them to school immediately.
This Week’s Schedule
Monday: normal dismissal
Dairy Queen Fundraiser – Friday, June 23rd
Our last fundraiser of the year will be held at the Dairy Queen in the Chapel Hill Shopping Center on Friday, June 23rd from 1:30pm to closing. Celebrate the last day of school with some yummy ice cream!! Please say that you are with Fairview upon ordering.
Fairview PTO Executive Board
Garden Volunteers Needed for Summer
The Fairview Garden is growing and needs to be watered and weeded during the summer months. Please view the sign up for more information on what is required…
Middletown Eagles Football & Cheer Signups
SIGN-UP ONLINE NOW at www.middletowneagles.com.
Thank You Color Run Volunteers!
We’d like to thank Amanda Little and Christine Latore for organizing Fairview’s 1st Color Run! And thanks to everyone who donated a snack or helped during the event.
Thank You for Supporting the Fairview PTO!
We would like to thank everyone who has given their time, talent, and money to help support the Fairview PTO this year. With your support, the PTO is able to do so much for our students and school, such as the Dan Gutman Author Day, the new floor mats at the school’s entrances, the school library, and the Gaga Ball Pit!
Incoming Kindergartener Orientation – Tuesday, May 23th
The last Incoming Kindergartener Orientation for the year is Tuesday, May 23rd from 9:30-11:00am in the Owl’s Nest. Please spread the word to any families you know with children entering Kindergarten in the fall.
Fairview’s Memorial Day Picnic – Friday, May 26th
Fairview’s Memorial Day Picnic is Friday, May 26th. The picnic is run by the Spirit Committee and they want it to be a fun event that inspires school spirit and encourages patriotism among the students! Everyone is encouraged to wear red, white and blue! Please view the Memorial Day Picnic flyer for the details.
ATTN: PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ALLERGIES. The PTO provides vanilla and chocolate ice cream (Jack & Jill brand) for the picnic. If your child cannot eat the ice cream, then please contact your child’s teacher or Mrs. DeSpirito and make arrangements to send in a special dessert for your child.
Volunteers are needed! Please volunteer to scoop ice cream and dish out some sprinkles, chocolate syrup and whipped cream! It’s a fun, but messy job! Sign up at… http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fairviews
Movie Night! – Friday, May 26th
Keep your fingers crossed!! Movie Night is Friday, May 26th. The movie will start at dusk (about 8:00pm). Bring your family, friends, blankets, chairs, and some money for the concession stand.
Volunteers are needed. Please donate some time or a snack (homemade or pre-packaged) for the concession stand. Sign up at… http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a48a9ad2ba57-movie
Fairview Field Day 2017 – Friday, June 2nd
Field Day is Friday, June 2nd, with a rain date of Monday, June 5th. Please view the Field Day flyer for more details.
Many volunteers are needed to run this fun event! Please sign up at… http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aaae29a57-fairview5
Class parents: Don’t forget that you are required to volunteer for Field Day. If you cannot attend, then you are responsible for finding a replacement. Please note on the signup if you are a replacement for a certain class parent.
Color Run – Sunday, June 11th
The 1st Annual Fairview Color Run will be on on Sunday, June 11th at 2:00pm (rain or shine) on the school grounds. It’s going to be a fun, colorful afternoon!! Parents, siblings and friends are welcome to participate. There is a $15 fee for each participant. Don’t forget to ask family and friends to support the participants!
Thank You Volunteers!!
The PTO Board would like to give a big thank you to all the parents who help with our events and fundraisers.
Thank you to everyone who helped with the Spring Plant Sale, especially Linda Malanowski and Carleen Burns, who have chaired the event for many years. We’ll miss you next year!
Thank you to Pauline Hynes for running the Clothing Drive!
Thank you to Janice Martiak and Mandy Yachmetz for making Teacher Appreciation Week so special for our wonderful teachers! And thanks to Christine Butler for helping with the lunch!
Thank you to Donna Ferreira and Christine Butler for helping with Author Day. And we’re always amazed by the talents of Lori Reid! Thanks for making Dan Gutman’s characters larger than life!
Yearbook Orders – Due Monday, May 15th
Yearbook orders are due tomorrow! Please complete the Yearbook Order Form and return it with your payment of $17 per book (cash or check to Fairview PTO) to school in an envelope marked “Attn: Yearbook Order”.
Teacher Appreciation Week – Donations Needed for Breakfast
Please sign up to donate an item or volunteer time for the breakfast on Tuesday, May 16th at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4aaaa72fab9-teacher1.
Blood Drive – Tuesday, May 16th
Donate to the blood drive on Tuesday from 3:00-7:00pm in the Owl’s Nest.
Early Dismissal – Wednesday, May 17th
Don’t forget that Wednesday is early dismissal!
Clothing Drive – Wednesday, May 17th
The Spring Clothing Drive is Wednesday. You can drop off your bags between 9:15am – 3:30pm next to the school building at the bus turn around. Please do not pull into the bus turn around from 1:15-1:45pm, since the buses will be arriving and departing.
PLEASE NOTE: The company is picking up the bags at 3:30pm. If it will be a challenge to drop items at the school between the above times, please contact Pauline Hynes at 732-357 5114 or email@example.com will help arrange an earlier pickup/alt drop off.
Start to gather your unwanted clothes, shoes, belts, handbags, linens, stuffed animals, and hard toys. View the Spring Clothing Drive flyer for more information.
My Weird Fairview School Daze – Author Day & Sports Day – Thursday, May 18th
Dan Gutman is coming to Fairview on Thursday! To show our school spirit, Thursday is “Sports Day”, so students should wear team shirts.
If you ordered a book, your child will receive it on Thursday. Be sure to ask your child about Mr. Gutman’s presentation.
Fairview Color Run – Save the Date – Sunday, June 11th
The 1st Annual Fairview Color Run will be on on Sunday, June 11th at 2:00pm (rain or shine) on the school grounds. Stay tuned for details!
Current PTO Calendar
Movie Night has been postponed until Friday, May 26th. The PTO Board just feels that it will be too chilly to enjoy a family night out under the stars. We apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause.