Be on the lookout for Walk to School Day stickers in your child’s backpack!
The Fairview PTO is seeking volunteers to make this event a reality! With your participation, we can all make this a fantastic night for our kids AND help those communities in NC whose lives were and continue to be affected by Hurricane Florence. All proceeds from the bake sale, coin toss, and trunk decorating contest will benefit the schools most affected by Hurricane Florence.
*** PLEASE VOLUNTEER BY WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2018 SO THAT WE HAVE AMPLE TIME TO ORGANIZE THIS EVENT! IF WE DO NOT HAVE VOLUNTEERS FOR ALL OF THE VOLUNTEER SLOTS IN THE BELOW SIGN-UP GENIUS, THE EVENT WILL NOT TAKE PLACE ***
(Remember: You must be a PTO Member *AND* complete HIB Training to volunteer.)
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
– COMMITTEE CHAIRS. Committee Chairs play the most important role. As a Chair, you will coordinate/communicate with the volunteers, acquire necessary supplies for the concession stand/pumpkins for the classrooms, coordinate the trunk decorating contest, and communicate with/schedule the vendors (balloon guy, food truck, photo booth, etc). (Rest assured, we will connect you with the former Committee Chairs who are willing to give you guidance!)
– TRUNK DECORATING CONTEST: No “trunk or treating” required! Decorate your trunk and let the community vote on the best trunk! “Ballots” will be sold as “votes.” We will need 2 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to sell the “ballots.” The trunk with the most “votes” wins a gift card donated by a local restaurant!
– COIN TOSS: Get your coin in the bucket and win a treat bag! We will need 2 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to manage the line, keep the tossed coins organized, and give away prizes.
– BAKE SALE: Calling all bakers! We are asking the community to donate baked goods for sale at the event. We will need 4 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to work at the concession stand.
– MUMMY WRAP: Calling for donations of toilet paper to wrap the kids like a mummy! We will need 2 adults from 6-7 pm to wrap the kids and keep the area (relatively) clean.
– KID’S PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST: A Fairview tradition, kids will be decorating their pumpkins (donated by the PTO) in class and the community gets to VOTE on the best pumpkin at the Halloween event. We will need 2 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to ensure that votes are recorded properly.
– HAUNTED HALLWAY: Yes, this will be (slightly) scary. But it’s fun, and the kids LOVE this. On Thursday (day prior to the event), we will need 3 adults to help decorate for 2 hours (3:15-5:15 pm) to setup the walls. On Friday (day of the event), we will need 5 adults from 3:15-4:30 pm and 5 adults from 4:30-6 pm to continue to decorate/setup the hallway. We will need 5 volunteers (adults and/or older children) for each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to dress up in a “scary” costume for the hallway. We also need a dedicated crew of 8 adults who will help clean-up the Hallway after the event (8-8:45 pm). We also need 2 adults for each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) dressed in costume as the “Door Manager.”
– Outdoor Event SET AND CLEAN-UP CREWS: We will need 6 adults at the beginning of the event (5:15-6 pm) to set-up tables and bring out the pumpkins from the Owl’s Nest, set-up the coin toss station, mummy wrap station, and concession stand, and direct parking for cars participating in the trunk decorating contest. Then, we need 6 adults at the end of the event (8-8:45 pm) to undo all the set-up!
With 100% participation from our community, this event CAN be a success. Please consider donating an hour of your time during the event to make this an enjoyable night for everyone. The saying “Many hands make light work” cannot be more true for an event such as this!
AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Monday, October 1st to Friday, October 5th is Respect Week! Share this “What To Wear” list with your child and help them celebrate the week with their friends, classmates and teachers.
On Wednesday, October 3rd the Anti-Bullying Assembly will be held in the Owl’s Nest. OmegaMan and friends will be presenting “You Too Can Be a HERO.” Check out OmegaMan’s website to see what your child will be experiencing in school that day!
Check out Fairview’s Book Fair homepage. You can sign up for eWallet or shop online now until Oct. 9th.
The Fall Book Fair is taking place on Thursday and Friday, October 4th & 5th. Please review the flyers for more information. And consider setting up an eWallet on scholastic.com/fair as a convenient way for your child to shop at the Book Fair.
Volunteers are needed to set up, help the students choose appropriate books, ring up orders, and pack the books away when it’s over. Please view the sign up at Fall 2018 Book Fair Sign Up.
See the Spiritwear Fall Order Form for the colorful version! Orders are due October 4th. Complete the order form and send in an envelope marked “Spirit Wear” to school with your child. We accept cash, checks payable to “Fairview PTO,” or PayPal via your MySchoolAnywhere.com account.
Don’t have a MySchoolAnywhere account? See Membership Drive for details.
Click on the below link to view the flyer regarding membership, which will be available at Back to School Night.
BONUS: Each membership payment made on Back to School Night will be entered into raffle. Stop by the Fairview PTO table on Back to School Night for details!