Fairview Parents, check out this link to sign-up for the trunk decorating contest, baked goods collection, DJ request and additional volunteer opportunities for our Halloween Fun Night on Friday, October 26. Every little bit helps to make this a great night for everyone! Thank you!
From the Kortney Rose Foundation website:
“The Kortney Rose Foundation (KRF) is a 501(c)(3) organization that was set up by Kortney’s parents as a way to help channel their grief into something positive. Their hopes are to make a difference, in Kortney’s name, in the fight to find better treatments and ultimately a cure for pediatric brain tumors. Our fundraising efforts will directly benefit pediatric brain tumor research.”
Check your child’s backpack and please consider donating to this very important cause! See link for details.
Reminder: PTO Meeting on Thursday, October 11th at 7:00 p.m. in the Owl’s Nest! Babysitting will be available.
Stop & Shop
Please view the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards flyer for more information on joining this program. It’s a simple way to help raise money for Fairview. Please take a few minutes to register your cards and designate Fairview as your school.
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Please choose Fairview Parent Teacher Organization, Red Bank, NJ as your charity or click https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-3686655
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
Be on the lookout for Walk to School Day stickers in your child’s backpack!
The Fairview PTO is seeking volunteers to make this event a reality! With your participation, we can all make this a fantastic night for our kids AND help those communities in NC whose lives were and continue to be affected by Hurricane Florence. All proceeds from the bake sale, coin toss, and trunk decorating contest will benefit the schools most affected by Hurricane Florence.
*** PLEASE VOLUNTEER BY WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2018 SO THAT WE HAVE AMPLE TIME TO ORGANIZE THIS EVENT! IF WE DO NOT HAVE VOLUNTEERS FOR ALL OF THE VOLUNTEER SLOTS IN THE BELOW SIGN-UP GENIUS, THE EVENT WILL NOT TAKE PLACE ***
(Remember: You must be a PTO Member *AND* complete HIB Training to volunteer.)
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
– COMMITTEE CHAIRS. Committee Chairs play the most important role. As a Chair, you will coordinate/communicate with the volunteers, acquire necessary supplies for the concession stand/pumpkins for the classrooms, coordinate the trunk decorating contest, and communicate with/schedule the vendors (balloon guy, food truck, photo booth, etc). (Rest assured, we will connect you with the former Committee Chairs who are willing to give you guidance!)
– TRUNK DECORATING CONTEST: No “trunk or treating” required! Decorate your trunk and let the community vote on the best trunk! “Ballots” will be sold as “votes.” We will need 2 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to sell the “ballots.” The trunk with the most “votes” wins a gift card donated by a local restaurant!
– COIN TOSS: Get your coin in the bucket and win a treat bag! We will need 2 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to manage the line, keep the tossed coins organized, and give away prizes.
– BAKE SALE: Calling all bakers! We are asking the community to donate baked goods for sale at the event. We will need 4 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to work at the concession stand.
– MUMMY WRAP: Calling for donations of toilet paper to wrap the kids like a mummy! We will need 2 adults from 6-7 pm to wrap the kids and keep the area (relatively) clean.
– KID’S PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST: A Fairview tradition, kids will be decorating their pumpkins (donated by the PTO) in class and the community gets to VOTE on the best pumpkin at the Halloween event. We will need 2 adults each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to ensure that votes are recorded properly.
– HAUNTED HALLWAY: Yes, this will be (slightly) scary. But it’s fun, and the kids LOVE this. On Thursday (day prior to the event), we will need 3 adults to help decorate for 2 hours (3:15-5:15 pm) to setup the walls. On Friday (day of the event), we will need 5 adults from 3:15-4:30 pm and 5 adults from 4:30-6 pm to continue to decorate/setup the hallway. We will need 5 volunteers (adults and/or older children) for each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) to dress up in a “scary” costume for the hallway. We also need a dedicated crew of 8 adults who will help clean-up the Hallway after the event (8-8:45 pm). We also need 2 adults for each hour (6-7 pm, 7-8 pm) dressed in costume as the “Door Manager.”
– Outdoor Event SET AND CLEAN-UP CREWS: We will need 6 adults at the beginning of the event (5:15-6 pm) to set-up tables and bring out the pumpkins from the Owl’s Nest, set-up the coin toss station, mummy wrap station, and concession stand, and direct parking for cars participating in the trunk decorating contest. Then, we need 6 adults at the end of the event (8-8:45 pm) to undo all the set-up!
With 100% participation from our community, this event CAN be a success. Please consider donating an hour of your time during the event to make this an enjoyable night for everyone. The saying “Many hands make light work” cannot be more true for an event such as this!
AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!