- Week of Giving: The Spirit Committee is collecting donations for Hurricane Relief in Houston and Florida. The Week of Giving will take place the week of October 23-27. Donations of any amount will be collected to provide assistance in Houston and Florida to students and teachers who have been displaced. Send it to school in an envelope marked “Hurricane Relief”. Checks should be made out to Fairview School. All proceeds will be forwarded to those in need in Houston and Florida from the Hurricanes.
- Spirit Fridays: Every Friday is a Spirit Day! Wear blue and white or Fairview clothing!
- Turkey Trot: The Turkey Trot will be November 20th, with a rain date of November 21st. Please send in a can of corn and a box of stuffing. Collections will begin October 30th and will end the day of the Turkey Trot. The Spirit Committee is looking for 100% participation in order to get a surprise from Mr. Melando!
Monthly Archive: October 2017
- PTO Meeting: Thursday, October 12th at 7:00pm in the Owl’s Nest. Free babysitting by Middletown North’s Tomorrow’s Teachers.
- Fairview Picture Day: Tuesday, October 24th
- PTO Membership: Join now at Fairview PTO Membership & Directory.
- PTO Web Site: Bookmark the Fairview PTO web site and periodically check it for the updated calendar and information on volunteering, fundraisers and other events.
KidStuff Coupon Books – Due Tomorrow, October 10th
If you are purchasing the KidStuff Coupon Book, the payment of $25 per book is due tomorrow. Please send your payment (cash or check payable to “Fairview PTO”) to school in the Money Collection Envelope.
If you do not want to purchase the Coupon Book, please return it to school in a bag labeled with your child’s name. This is NOT A SAMPLE BOOK for you to keep.
HIB Presentation for all Volunteers
It is Middletown Township School District policy that all parent/guardian volunteers in the school must view the Harassment Intimidation and Bullying presentation. Please watch the HIB video as soon as possible, then sign and return the Parent/Guardian Volunteer HIB Presentation Form to Mrs. Mercer in the main office.
Fairview Peace Week – October 16th-20th
Fairview is celebrating Peace Week from October 16th-20th. View the Peace Week Flyer to determine what students should wear to show they care!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid #12 The Getaway – Preorder this New Book Now!
You can preorder this new paperback of Diary of a Wimpy Kid #12 The Getaway for $8.99 (no tax). Orders will be shipped to school and should be distributed the week of November 13th. Please complete the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Order Form and return it with payment of $8.99 (cash or check payable to Fairview PTO) in an envelope marked “Wimpy Kid Book Order” by October 25th.
Community & County Awareness Program
The Monmouth County Sheriff is pleased to offer students the opportunity to participate in the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office Community and County Awareness Program, a program designed to acquaint students with local and county agencies, local volunteer organizations and youth initiatives that provide essential services for the safety, security and day-to-day operations of our communities and county.
By completing a list of documented visits and interviews, and submitting the documentation to the Sheriff’s Office by November 21, 2017,students can earn the Community Awareness Recognition Award, or, by completing an additional three visits to county offices in Freehold, the Community and County Awareness Recognition Award. These awards will be presented on November 28, 2017 at 4pm at the Sheriff’s Office Recognition and Awards Ceremony at the Sheriff’s Public Safety Center, 2500 Kozloski Road, Freehold NJ 07728.
View the brochure to learn more about the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office Community & County Awareness Program.
MTFOdL – Middletown Township Friends of different Learners
- Next meeting: Meet the BOE Candidates Night on Thursday, October 19th at Middletown Public Library (Large Conference Room)
- Resources for parents:
- Dyslexia Handbook: http://www.state.nj.us/education/specialed/dyslexia/NJDyslexiaHandbook.pdf
- Ombudsman: http://www.nj.gov/education/specialed/ombudsman/
- SEPAG (Special Education Advisory Group) Manual: http://www.state.nj.us/education/specialed/resources.shtml
- Special Needs Registry Event:
From the Middletown Township School District:
The Keansburg School District is holding a Special Needs Registry event with the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office on Tuesday, October 24th from 3:00pm-5:30pm at the Joseph C. Caruso Elementary School located at 81 Frances Place, Keansburg 07734. They have asked us to invite our parents to this event. This is a completely free event and all information is kept confidential.
Just a reminder that the Monmouth County Special Needs Registry is a voluntary service open to all citizens with special needs who reside, attend school or are employed in Monmouth County. The registry was created to help police officers and other emergency service personnel better assist residents with special needs in the event of an emergency by providing those first responders with vital information regarding a registrant’s special needs, emergency contact information, physical description and current photograph of the registrant.
Refer to the Middletown Township School District web site for more information.
- Monday, 10/2 – Box Tops due.
- Tuesday, 10/3 – Volunteers needed to set up Book Fair…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fall1
- Wednesday, 10/4
- Walk to School Day
- Mum Sale: 10:00am-8:00pm. Pick up orders. Volunteers needed…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d45ada82fa75-mumsale
- Book Fair: View the class schedule and other information.
- Evening Book Fair: 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, 10/5 – Book Fair: Volunteers needed…please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0445aeae2da20-fall1
- Friday, 10/6 – Cub Scout Open House @ 6:00pm. Interested in joining the Cub Scouts? View the Cub Scout Flyer.